Monday, June 25, 2007

Reasons to Support Your Local Musicians



Okay. It's been a long day. And, yes, these photos of a band that hasn't existed in more than a decade are rather old. What can I say? My stock of music photography is rather meager.

A few weeks ago my friend Rob pointed me to a fun site listing 13 reasons to support local bands. The site is http://ohms.nu/localmusic.htm. I used to be a big supporter of local music, back when I used to go out more. I have to figure out how to keep supporting (and enjoying) local music, without staying out too late and regretting it later (can I help it if I need a minimum of 8 hours of shut-eye?).

I hope you'll visit the site. Better yet, I hope you'll go see a band in your area. Support your local artists. As Suff is quick to point out, local music is a "much better value."

3 comments:

ze bulette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ze bulette said...

Eugene Torrents

Your local music scene, archived and shared online.

(had to delete 1st post as html was broken)

gardngrl said...

Thanks!