Monday, May 7, 2007

Time-Strapped

This beautiful, pristine patch of earth near the Lakes Region of NH is where I'd like to be today. It looks so tranquil. Meanwhile I feel so besieged. The truth is, work commitments have prevented me from thinking about local issues much today, and my time for writing has run short. I have been letting a few ideas incubate, however, and I'm pretty excited about them. I hope to get to one of the topics tomorrow.

I want to thank those friends (you know who you are) who have proffered ideas and daily inspired me to think about the many facets of our fragile interconnectedness. Brainstorming possible local solutions to some of these complex problems speaks to my sense of purpose. At the very least it allows me to mentally step away from the numbing work that I do to pay my bills.

Let's hope that tomorrow I find a few minutes to write. In the meantime, keep those ideas coming!

No comments: